New Client Setup & Configuration
Step 1: Initiate IASystem™ License
– EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know when you have initiated this process on your campus. Once initiated, we can start configuring and setting up your campus IASystem™ application.
The evaluation or subscription license provides either a one-term free license to pilot IASystem™ on your campus or a one-year subscription license based on our current rate structure. IASystem™ licensing is managed by the University of Washington’s Express Licensing Program.
Step 2: Complete Client Configuration & Setup Form
– COMPLETE and EMAIL form to email@example.com
Key information is needed to create your institution’s specific IASystem™ application. The Client Configuration & Setup Form emailed to you will have some preliminary data filled out, please complete blank fields. This form gathers information to configure IASystem™ online course evaluations with your institutional brand and contact information.
Step 3: Complete the Course Tree Template
– COMPLETE and EMAIL file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download/complete the Course Tree Template Excel file (please read instructions & data definition)
- The Course Tree is the foundation of your institutional data structure and relationship between colleges, departments and courses
- The Course Tree should be consistent with SIS/LMS institutional data structures (especially if considering LMS integration)
- When returned, we will enter the data and ask you to review the Course Tree in your IASystem™ administrator portal
Step 4: Schedule IASystem™ Administrator Training (Required)
– EMAIL email@example.com once Steps 1-3 have been completed to schedule Administrator Training and discuss term data files.
Step 5: Create the Term Data Files (Instructors, Classes, Students)
– COMPLETE and RETAIN these files.
- Download the following three Excel files (please read instructions & data definitions)
- Faculty Template – all instructors teaching in a specific term
- Time Schedule Template – all classes offered in a specific term
- Class List Template – all enrolled students in a specific term
- Once your institution’s setup is complete, you will create your first term and upload term data files directly into IASystem™
- If needed, institutional data can be refreshed in IASystem™ throughout the term; more information is located here.
- These files must be generated and uploaded into IASystem™ each term. We recommend writing a query to your data source that automates the output of these data files; IASystem™ accepts CSV text file format for uploads.
- More information on data imports can be found in IASystem™ Administrator Guide.
Step 6: Schedule IASystem™ Coordinator Training (optional)
– EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule the IASystem™ training for college or departmental users.
Coordinator training is useful for institutions who choose to use a distributed workflow model that provides the opportunity for academic and faculty support staff to create evaluations and generate reports for their college or departmental courses.